Adrienne Arsht Center - Miami, FL
The Arsht Center was opened as the “Carnival Center” in 2006 and was erected on the previous grounds of a 1929 Sears, Roebuck and Company Department Store, which in 1997 was listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Two years after the Arsht Center opened, philanthropists Adrienne Arsht made a generous three million dollar donation to the facility with the intent of a more financially independent institution. The Carnival Center then adopted a new name to pay respect to Adrienne Arsht’s business contribution. The Center is currently the largest performing arts center in the state of Florida, and is the second largest in the US.