Originally a hit Broadway production in 1966 and based on John Van Druten’s 1951 adaption of book by Christopher Isherwood, Cabaret (the musical) has seen an abundance of success throughout the United States and London, and is currently in over forty five years of production. Multiple Tony Awards and London and Broadway revivals have been a part of the plays history, and international stagings of the show have taken place throughout Europe, Central, North and South America, South Africa and Australia. The story is based on the circumstances and relations of a 19 year old English cabaret performer by the name of Sally Bowles, set in Berlin in 1931 during the Nazi rise to power.
Cabaret Featured Events
- Anchorage, AK - Atwood Concert Hall
- Benton Harbor, MI - Mendel Center
- Billings, MT - Alberta Bair Theater
- Burlington, VT - Flynn Center for the Performing Arts
- Champaign, IL - State Farm Center
- Concord, NH - Capitol Center For The Arts